Story & who we are
Film makers since 1959
RHEIN-PLAST and the synthetic material polyethylene
It was the exciting application developments around the plastic polyethylene (PE) in the nearby BASF that led Karl Eisemann to set up the first machines for making bags from films in the rooms of his blacksmith and plumber’s workshop in Ruchheim, today a district of Ludwigshafen, and to launch these on the market. In 1959, together with his brother-in-law Heinrich Schäfer, he founded RHEIN-PLAST Eisemann & Schäfer, which became RHEIN-PLAST GmbH in 1961. Unfortunately, he was only able to accompany his company for a few years until shortly before his death in 1966.
A few years after the company was founded, the two sons, Hermann and Norbert Eisemann joined the company, followed by the third son, Hans-Georg Eisemann, in 1966. Together, the three brothers took over the company shares and management. Unfortunately, the father and founder of the company died in the same year. Soon the company’s premises in Ruchheim became too small. In 1969, the company moved to a completely new building in nearby Ungstein near Bad Dürkheim. To this day, this is the headquarters of RHEIN-PLAST, which joined the RINGMETALL-Group in February 2022. There, it complements the Industrial Packaging Liner Division, which further strengthens the Group’s market position in the field of industrial special packaging. In Bad Dürkheim, recyclable bags and sacks made of PE mono films are produced in the company’s own blown film extrusion, printing and conversion facilities.